Days after taking up the Chisora Challenge, Tyson Fury announces his retirement.

Tyson Fury, the WBC heavyweight champion, announced on Friday that he plans going "walk away" from boxing, just two days after adamantly declaring he would return to the ring to finish a trilogy against fellow Briton Derek Chisora.



After defeating Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium in April, Fury said he had told his wife he would retire. He then expressed interest in facing Anthony Joshua in England, if the match would be open to the public.


Fury's plans to retire appeared to have been abandoned when he pledged to finish two trilogies, one with Deontay Wilder and the other with Chisora. However, the 34-year-old then changed his mind.


On his 34th birthday, he said on Instagram, "Massive thanks to everyone who had an input in my profession over the years and, after long hard conversations, I've finally decided to walk away."


Next week's rematch between Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk of Ukraine, the WBA, WBO, IBF, and IBO champion, in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, may change Fury's mind.


Prior to an arbitrator's decision that Fury must face Wilder a third time, Joshua and Fury seemed to be headed in opposite directions last year.


#tyson fury news #tyson fury #paris fury #fury fight


Read more Business, Entertainment, Social, Politics , Real Estate , Finance , Sports