Cristiano Ronaldo confirms he will participate in Manchester United's friendly matchup against Rayo



Cristiano Ronaldo has said he will play in Sunday's friendly between Manchester United and Rayo Vallecano at Old Trafford despite continued rumours over his future with the English powerhouses.


The 37-year-old Portuguese forward wants to quit the team he rejoined last year, according to reports. He missed the club's preseason tour to Thailand and Australia due to personal obligations.


The United team that travelled to Oslo on Saturday to play Atletico Madrid did not include Ronaldo. However, he hinted on Instagram that he might play Rayo Vallecano, another La Liga team.


Ronaldo responded Friday to a comment made by a fan page about him missing the game in Norway by writing: "Domingo o rei joga," which means "Sunday the king plays."


Players not included in the 21-man travelling squad for the Atletico encounter, which includes new additions, have been announced by United. While others are ill or injured, Lisandro Martinez and Christian Eriksen "will participate in Sunday's game against Rayo Vallecano."


Ronaldo was "not for sale," according to Erik ten Hag, the new manager of United.


"We are only preparing for Cristiano Ronaldo this season, and I'm looking forward to working with him," said the player. I've read it, but I want to clarify that Cristiano is not for sale; he is part of our ambitions, and success is something we both aspire to.


With 24 goals last season, the former Real Madrid and Juventus star was United's leading scorer.


A sixth-place result in the Premier League prevented the club from earning a spot in the Champions League, making the campaign as a whole a significant disappointment for the team.


On August 7, United hosts Brighton in the Premier League opener for both teams.


#ronaldotounited #ronaldomanuunited

Read more about Business, Entertainment, Social, Politics , Real Estate , Finance , Sports